Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baseball


Rhett took the mound for the 1st time on 3/29/10!! I sat in the sun-drenched bleachers with the girls having a serious talk with God (Lord be with him, protect him from a line drive, don't let him hurt his arm, let him have fun, let him throw a strike or 2... OK maybe 3 or 4) Such a mom moment. He looked so focused, serious with still a twist of a surfer boy smirk shining through his 1/2 grin. As the first pitch left his 10 year old hand I felt all-a-flutter!! I don't even know how many strikes or balls he threw. I was too full of every emotion known to man. I can say it was good to feel how much I loved this little man and how I just wanted him to have it all. It made me think of how much God loves us...I cannot even fathom His love most of the time but at that moment on the hard bleachers with both girls talking in my ear He gave me a small glimpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment