Monday, January 25, 2010

When Mom and Dad don't understand,a sister always will (unless it is over clothes)





Sisters... it is some strange, magical, love-hate thing that is a force to be reckoned with. There are moments of teaching, forgiveness, tears of joy and all out hair pulling. Sisterhood is indescribable in words... it is a state of being that only sisters "get". Almost like a a club with dues that only can be paid if you came from the the same tummy. I am a stranger to this club being the only girl with a brother older and younger. Oh how I longed to be part of this secret world that from an outsider looked absolutely breathtaking. I am now getting a glimpse of the secrets and rights of passage with you precious ones (sometimes yall let me in... I think it is often just to let me feel wanted, but I never get to play with the good barbie) and my inherited sister-in-law. I feel now like I am at least a half card carrying club member with her since she too is the only girl with 2 brothers. We are exploring this magical sisterhood thing and learning how amazing it is to have this other chick in your corner. I get her and she gets me... not that we always agree but there is just "something there". What is this bond between girls?? It is a gift... sometimes it is as good as that coveted little blue box and sometimes it's that gift that you just have to smile when you open (even when there is seriously the taste of throw up in your mouth!). Note to self girls... don't let go... hold tight even if it is by each others blond hair. I am sure the ride will be worth every split end that might occur!! I am holding on to mine... knowing full well she could take me in a street fight. She works out and I don't even sweat... just glisten!

No comments:

Post a Comment